Tuesday, March 27, 2012
The past few weeks have thrown a million obstacles my way and it has been very easy for me to become discouraged and overwhelemed. I was taking a break from work and messing around on pinterest (typical) and found this quote. It is all too true. Even though I can barely hear, breathe, and sound like a 90 year old smoker coughing up a lung from my Sinus Infection and even though I may be facing an additional serious health problem, I am still alive. I should be thankful that I have a nose to breathe from even though it is stuffed completely. I need to thank God for two ears that can listen to what others are saying. I should be thankful for the body I do have and realize that my health problem may be the end of the world in my eyes, but in somebody else's life their health problem really does end their world.
It is far too easy to look at what is wrong in our lives than it is to appreciate what is right. This is my heart-to-heart for you all this week :)
Friday, March 23, 2012
So far, the past few weeks have been pretty tough for me. I've been under a lot of stress and unfortunately, it has affected my health. No worries though-the doc has it under control and I'm getting better! Needless to say, my spirits have been kind of down. I was in the grocery store when I got an email that the beautiful Kelsey from Just Another Blonde Princess tagged me in her post for the Sunshine Award! My whole attitude turned completely around :) Thanks so much girl!
Here it goes:
1) Favorite Color- I'm pretty sure almost every little girl's favorite color was pink. Let me tell you, I was obsessed with Barbie Pink. It was all over my room, and I went through a stage where I wouldn't wear anything other than pink dresses-Diva much? As I've gotten older, I have branched out and started to appreciate other colors. After all, God made each one individually unique. My current color obsessions are:
2) Favorite Number- I've always like the number 3. There is no particular reason, it has just always been a favorite!
3) Favorite Non-alcoholic drink- It's so stereotypical, but I love me some good sweet tea. No one can make it like my Momma ;)
4) Facebook or Twitter? I have become unintentionally obsessed with Twitter. I'm always on it on my phone when I'm bored in class, on the bus, or trying to avoid an awkward conversation!
5) My Passion- This is really hard to just limit my passion to one thing. I am usually very passionate about everything I do so that I do my best. Two things I really am passionate about are:
Ok, most would be embarrassed but I do not care! I have loved dancing all of my life. Even though I'm not passionate about this particular kind of dance, I enjoy losing myself in an empty studio and a great song. I miss it so much!
I've taught VBS the past 3 summers and I absolutely love it. There is no greater feeling than a student understanding your lesson and what makes it even better is that lesson is about God. I always look forward to this time in the summer every year!
6) Favorite Animal-
7) Giving or Getting Presents? I feel like this is a trick question because who doesn't like to get presents?! I love it :) At the same time though, I truly love getting someone something they really wanted and least suspect. I love seeing how excited they get!
8) Favorite Pattern- I don't particularly have a favorite pattern, but one I've been drawn to lately is polka dots. They are so fun and girly!
9) Favorite Flower-
I'm a flower person in general, but tulips definitely have to be my favorite. They are so elegant but fun at the same time.
The 5 girls I pass the Sunshine Award on to are:
Can't wait to read all of your answers :)
Monday, March 19, 2012
I know I've posted about Spring at least a hundred times now, but tomorrow is the FIRST DAY OF SPRING! Even though we've had the nicest weather the past few days, I am beyond excited that tomorrow actually starts a new season which means no more winter! Woohoo!
I have seriously been slacking on posting lately, and I'm sorry. I'm really going to try to be better this week. I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and St. Patty's Day. Here is a recap in pictures of my weekend:
ZTA Mother's Weekend:
|The girls and our Moms!|
|(btw, notice my new necklace :) )|
On Saturday morning, my Mom and I woke up bright and early. We explored a trail that runs along the Neuse River. We ended up walking 6.6 miles total! It was so peaceful and relaxing.
Around noon, we went to Accidental Artist. It is a place where you can pick out a piece of pottery to paint and decorate! It was so much fun.
|My Mom, Me, and My Little at Accidental Artist!|
|One of my good friends and sisters, Brooke.|
Saturday night was Tim's Birthday and St. Patty's day! We went to a local Mexican Restaurant to celebrate, and then he had a few friends over to his apartment before we went Down Town.
|The Birthday Boy|
Hope yall had a great weekend!
Wednesday, March 14, 2012
and you know what that means..the week is half-way over!
This weekend is not only St. Patrick's Day, but it's also Mother's Weekend for Zeta! I wish it would have been on a different weekend because St. Patrick's Day is also Tim's birthday, but no biggie. Sleep will not be my friend this weekend!
In light of all of this wonderful warm weather we are getting (I hope you are too :) ) Here are some things that make me excited about spring...
Leprechaun Lunch-how adorable is this? If I were teaching, and when I start, I would bag this up individually for my students to let them enjoy at the end of the day while reading a fun Leprechaun book! I love holidays!
Spring means lots of bold and bright colors, which means PINK! In my opinion, pink is beautiful all year 'round, but Spring is when we can take out our pretty pink dresses, cardigans, and shorts :)
this whole picture just makes me happy. I need to make some pretty decorations like this for my apartment-if I only had the time. This was made by Not So Idle Hands. Check out all of her cute crafts!
Oh, this picture just warms my heart. How can you not smile?
Easter= pretty church dresses, great food, easter egg hunts, and also THE EASTER BUNNY!
I may be a tad too old, but yes the Easter Bunny still comes to visit me every Sunday morning before church. :)
Have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY everyone!
Monday, March 12, 2012
today has most definitely been a manic monday
Oh, hey! I must apologize for the lack of posting recently. I've had a lot going on and I've had a hard time figuring out what I wanted to talk about. Throughout my day I always think random thoughts to myself and say, "I need to blog about that" but by the time I sit down at the computer I've already forgotten what I wanted to say.
Anyway, I'm so happy that I have a few new followers :) can't wait to spend more time reading everyone's pages! A few updates..
1. I took the Praxis on Saturday. For all of you non-education majors, the Praxis is an awful test that is similar to the SAT you have to take and pass before you can be admitted into Upper Division (at least at ECU). Let me just say, I am absolutely terrible on timed tests. As soon as the protector tell us to start, my hands become all sweaty, the room gets small, my heart feels like its going to come out of my chest and I am in serious panic mode. I only feel this way when it comes to math, though. I tried really hard to avoid this situation, but I did begin to panic at the half-way mark during the math, and unfortunately I know I will be taking the math part again. :/
2. This Means War is most definitely my favorite movie right now. Mom and I went to see it on Thursday night before I left to come back to Greenville and it was so good! You must go see it!
3. I finished Week 2 of the Couch to 5K plan this past week, and I must say that I have started to notice a change in my running. I am able to run longer, and with better strides (hopefully I'm using the right running lingo). I start Week 3 this week and I'm nervous!
4. Last but not least, some words of inspiration for the week ahead:
Ok, this one is simply for laughs. I saw it on pinterest the other day and I literally started giggling out loud. The clown-man is extremely creepy, but the sign is so cute.
Hope you all have a fabulous week!
Sunday, March 4, 2012
My Spring Break plans sort of fell-through so I ended up coming home for SB; something I don't mind one bit. I love coming home, especially because all of my family members get together and we always eat such good meals! Today after church we had oysters, homemade cornbread, and homemade pickles.
Me and my Mom!
My sweet, sweet grandmother.
My grandparents are commercial fishermen (yes, we are very southern) and we always have oyster roasts and fish frys! They knew I would be coming home and wanted to have an oyster roast just for me. Spoiled much? :)
What did yall do this weekend?
Thursday, March 1, 2012
Let me first start this post by saying how happy I am that I have made new friends and followers! I look forward to getting to know each of you!
I completed Week 1 of the Couch to 5k Plan this week! The first week includes an easy run, that you repeat 3 times with a rest day between each run. On my rest days, I did other cardio routines along with a workout with my new resistance ball! I am nervous to see how next weeks run will be!
The plan includes podcasts that you can download to your Ipod. The podcasts have music along with a voice that tells you when to run, when to slow down, and how much time is left in the segment. The music is hard to get used to, but once you do, it's a piece of cake!
Ok, you guys have to help me stay motivated and continue with my runs! Unfortunately, I give up kind of easy on things like this because I am always changing my mind and finding new ways to do things. This is a 9 week program, and with one week down, I only have 8 more to go. I realllllllly want to do this! I am currently in the process of looking for a 5K to register for that will help me stay concentrated on this plan!
I feel like this image fits me perfectly. I've always enjoyed working out, but I have never been a runner. I really want to start and I hope this plan will help me achieve my goal! Since I live near the beach, and I am going home for Spring Break, this will be me next week..
..except I don't think I will look so graceful!