Friday, March 23, 2012

I've got Sunshine





So far, the past few weeks have been pretty tough for me. I've been under a lot of stress and unfortunately, it has affected my health. No worries though-the doc has it under control and I'm getting better! Needless to say, my spirits have been kind of down. I was in the grocery store when I got an email that the beautiful Kelsey from Just Another Blonde Princess tagged me in her post for the Sunshine Award! My whole attitude turned completely around :) Thanks so much girl!

 

Here it goes:

1) Favorite Color- I'm pretty sure almost every little girl's favorite color was pink. Let me tell you, I was obsessed with Barbie Pink. It was all over my room, and I went through a stage where I wouldn't wear anything other than pink dresses-Diva much? As I've gotten older, I have branched out and started to appreciate other colors. After all, God made each one individually unique. My current color obsessions are:
coral seems like a good alternative to traditional, girly girl baby pink
coral
great green fabric for the kitchen
green
For my chairs? http://www.joann.com/home-decor-upholstery-fabric-waverly-ellis-turquoise/zprd_10541472a/
turquoise
$7 #yellow #fabric #modern #chevron #zigzag #mustard
yellow
2) Favorite Number- I've always like the number 3. There is no particular reason, it has just always been a favorite!

3) Favorite Non-alcoholic drink- It's so stereotypical, but I love me some good sweet tea. No one can make it like my Momma ;) 
Momma’s Sweet Tea 

4) Facebook or Twitter? I have become unintentionally obsessed with Twitter. I'm always on it on my phone when I'm bored in class, on the bus, or trying to avoid an awkward conversation!

5) My Passion- This is really hard to just limit my passion to one thing. I am usually very passionate about everything I do so that I do my best. Two things I really am passionate about are:

Dance
 
Ok, most would be embarrassed but I do not care! I have loved dancing all of my life. Even though I'm not passionate about this particular kind of dance, I enjoy losing myself in an empty studio and a great song. I miss it so much!

Bible School
 
I've taught VBS the past 3 summers and I absolutely love it. There is no greater feeling than a student understanding your lesson and what makes it even better is that lesson is about God. I always look forward to this time in the summer every year! 

6) Favorite Animal-
Giraffe Kissu http://media-cache2.pinterest.com/upload/128915608053549861_yVLwXCRo_f.jpg cheezling cuteness 

7) Giving or Getting Presents? I feel like this is a trick question because who doesn't like to get presents?! I love it :) At the same time though, I truly love getting someone something they really wanted and least suspect. I love seeing how excited they get!

8) Favorite Pattern- I don't particularly have a favorite pattern, but one I've been drawn to lately is polka dots. They are so fun and girly!
2.5" Fabric Strips DREAM DOTS POLKA DOT FABRIC JELLY ROLL STRIPS KIT QUILT Quilting Sewing Crafts

9) Favorite Flower- 
tulip heaven 
I'm a flower person in general, but tulips definitely have to be my favorite. They are so elegant but fun at the same time. 

The 5 girls I pass the Sunshine Award on to are:


Can't wait to read all of your answers :)

9 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I'm glad you feel better...but I'm gonna give you a hug anyway ((HUG))!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! I definitely needed that! Thank you :)

      Delete
  2. You are so sweet! Thanks so much for the tag! I'll definitely do this next week!

    I love sweet tea, too! My parents always had a pitcher in the fridge when I was growing-up, and it was always my favorite!

    Hope you have a great weekend, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks so much for the tag!!
    sweet tea is my FAVORITE.
    hope you have a lovely friday and a great weekend ahead of you!
    xx jes

    www.twosmuppies.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohmygosh those giraffes are so cute! And I love dancing too! I took it for 10 years when I was growing up and I'm thinking about getting back into it. Such a good workout and so much fun!

    have a great weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the cutest lil thing ever! And your blog is adorable. I loveee dancing, too - it's so easy to get lost in it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. why are you the cutest little thing ever?

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the chevron print! and you are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for tagging me! i will have to get to this tomorrow for sure!!

    ReplyDelete