Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

.

The past few weeks have thrown a million obstacles my way and it has been very easy for me to become discouraged and overwhelemed. I was taking a break from work and messing around on pinterest (typical) and found this quote. It is all too true. Even though I can barely hear, breathe, and sound like a 90 year old smoker coughing up a lung from my Sinus Infection and even though I may be facing an additional serious health problem, I am still alive. I should be thankful that I have a nose to breathe from even though it is stuffed completely. I need to thank God for two ears that can listen to what others are saying. I should be thankful for the body I do have and realize that my health problem may be the end of the world in my eyes, but in somebody else's life their health problem really does end their world.

It is far too easy to look at what is wrong in our lives than it is to appreciate what is right. This is my heart-to-heart for you all this week :)

6 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better! I am still getting over walking pneumonia so I feel you on the whole cough thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great quote. Never seen that before!
    xoxo
    SC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw I'm sorry boo! I hope you get better soon! and I hear ya on the quotes. I usually find myself complaining about something and then I hear what someone else is going through and I realize how truly blessed I am.

    xo,
    eMr

    ReplyDelete
  4. just came across your blog and wanted to say hello :) it's absolutely adorable, and so are you! Please come check mine out some time as well

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are truly amazing. Love you Jessica- I know sinus infections are the WORST. I'll be calling you tomorrow about this additional health problem. I can't have a sick grandlittle!

    ReplyDelete